This San Francisco based site, launched in 2012 has over 4 Million users and can be viewed as one of the most popular and simple Bitcoin sites. However, it is NOT a trading platform and NOT an exchange. GDAX is the Coinbase trading platform, which conveniently is reviewed on this site. Instead Coinbase is an insured digital currency wallet, with multiple cryptocurrencies and multiple payment methods. Its high volume and simple interface are a huge bonus, whilst on the other hand Coinbase can be hindered by its slow process speed and negative internet press.
– Very simple interface.
– Instant buys can be up to 1000 BTC per week.
– Coinbase Vault programme.
– keep almost all coins in offline storage.
– Lots of negative press on the internet.
– Will sometimes cancel what they view as risky orders.
– Slow purchase process.
– Hard to make financial gains over short term market movements.
BACK TO REVIEWS
// NEXT REVIEW